Re: Interesting Rewriting Desires

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Chris Harris, Dr. Rich Artym
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Interesting Rewriting Desires
On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Dr. Rich Artym wrote:

> Chris Harris writes:
>
> > In our rather deranged mail setup, we need to rewrite the "from:"
> > addresses of messages whose "to:" have addresses match
> > "*-request@???" rewritten using an existing
> > from-address rewriter. So far as I can tell, there is no way to do this
> > without using the rewrite-all-headers option. (Because matching by
> > the "to:" field seems to imply that I want to rewrite the to "to:" field,
> > instead of the "from:" field.)
>
> That's a facility that I requested a few weeks back in the thread
> "Dest-dependent source rewrite?". I don't think it made it to Philip's
> wish-list because it requires another rewrite stage to be added, this
> time just prior to remote delivery, as well as for routers to enable in
> some way the rewrite rules that need to be triggered.

I don't have the precise general function mentioned above. I seem to
remember I raised the question of what do you do if "to:" contains more
than one address, each potentially requiring a different re-write? This
was what led to the point about another rewrite stage just prior to
delivery, and as a result, I *do* have on my list the following:

Option to set up a filter to process for deliveries via specific
transports. Pass message and address(es) to a command and read it
back. This gives the opportunity for encryption on the fly, and any
other address-specific munging.

I might even get round to implementing it.... :-)

Philip