Re: Interesting Rewriting Desires

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dr. Rich Artym
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Interesting Rewriting Desires
In message <Pine.LNX.3.95q.970428125650.19585A-100000@???...>,
Chris Harris writes:

> In our rather deranged mail setup, we need to rewrite the "from:"
> addresses of messages whose "to:" have addresses match
> "*-request@???" rewritten using an existing
> from-address rewriter. So far as I can tell, there is no way to do this
> without using the rewrite-all-headers option. (Because matching by
> the "to:" field seems to imply that I want to rewrite the to "to:" field,
> instead of the "from:" field.)

That's a facility that I requested a few weeks back in the thread
"Dest-dependent source rewrite?". I don't think it made it to Philip's
wish-list because it requires another rewrite stage to be added, this
time just prior to remote delivery, as well as for routers to enable in
some way the rewrite rules that need to be triggered.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one to want such behaviour. :-)

Rich.
--
###########  Dr. Rich Artym  ================  PGP public key available
# galacta #  Email   : rich@???         158.152.156.137