Re: Queue DB Problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: William Craven
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Queue DB Problem
On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, William Craven wrote:

> Exim 1.61 was launched on the main MailServer on Tuesday 15th April.

> Further investigation lead to the wait-smtp
> DB being corrupted - dumpdb, fixdb & tidydb all failed with a
> segmentation fault !!

> Has anyone experienced this problem and if so how did they rectify it?

Which DB library are you using? There have been cases of corruption
reported in the past using Berkeley DB 1.85. Some fixes were put into
Exim 1.60, and there was one other fix in 1.61:

  14. Missing close of dbm file in transport.c when bad data detected in
      the file.

We haven't had any such problems here on our Solaris 2.5 systems using
ndbm, but then we probably don't have such a heavy load (the busiest
yesterday made 46,000 deliveries).

Philip