Re: holding incoming messages?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: T. William Wells
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: holding incoming messages?
On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, T. William Wells wrote:

> > Set queue_only in your configuration file. No messages will then ever
> > get delivered automatically.
>
> Unless, of course, I've got an exim -q running, which I do.

Oh, sorry, I forgot to say "kill off exim -q first"! And of course, you
can't because you only want this to happen for some domains.

> > Oh, hang on. Here is an alternative which may be even simpler: Set up a
> > queryprogram router as your first router, and make it return "DEFER" all
> > the time for those deliveries you don't want to do.
>
> Nope, that one doesn't work at all -- I want to be able to
> selectively attempt deliveries.

You *could* have a file that the queryprogram router reads to get
message ids of messages it should let through, but I agree that that is
getting very tedious.

> Suggestion:
>
> How about an option on directors and routers that says: "if the
> generic options for this entry specify that the message is to be
> processed by this entry and the message has not been manually
> thawed, freeze it"? This would be really handy for someone who is
> tinkering with a particular entry -- set this option and
> everything that hits it gets frozen, then he can selectively send
> messages (e.g., test messages before real ones), until it looks
> right. Then, remove the flag and unfreeze everything left....

Idea noted. Thanks. Wouldn't it perhaps be less hassle just to defer
deliveries rather than freezing? Defer unless delivery is being forced
by -M, that is.