Re: holding incoming messages?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: T. William Wells
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: holding incoming messages?
On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, T. William Wells wrote:

> I'm wanting to do some serious hacking on my mail setup. To make
> life easier, I'd like to be able to arrange that mail to specific
> destinations (either host or address, as I need to) be frozen
> before attempting delivery. I could, of course, put everything on
> hold, by putting "freeze" into the system filter file. However,
> I'd like to do something a little more selective. :-) Suggestions?

Set queue_only in your configuration file. No messages will then ever
get delivered automatically. Then write a Perl script to process the
output of "exim -bp" and decide on the basis of the addresses which
messages to push manually with "exim -M", or perhaps you could do it
using the -R option. Run the script via cron at regular intervals.

This *almost* does the job for you. The flaw is that there is no way to
prod exim to attempt delivery for only one of number of different
addresses in the same message.

Oh, hang on. Here is an alternative which may be even simpler: Set up a
queryprogram router as your first router, and make it return "DEFER" all
the time for those deliveries you don't want to do.