Re-writing problems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Farthing W. Fox
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re-writing problems
Hi,

I am trying to set up exim (1.61) here to be able to receive mail for
a host that has me as their highest MX. With this, I need to be able
to rewrite anything coming out of this person's account on my machine to
be re-written as coming from their otheruser@theirhost instead of
user@???, and also rewrite the incoming mail for them back to
user@???.

I was trying this on exim 1.58 last night, without much success, as
even though the mail was being rewritten correctly, exim would receive the
mail for them and freeze it with the error:

1997-04-10 00:28:02 0wF6mU-0002vg-00 lowest MX record for mordor.mersinet.co.uk points to local host
1997-04-10 00:28:02 0wF6mU-0002vg-00 == athanasius@??? R=looku phost defer (-1): lowest numbered MX record points to local host
1997-04-10 00:28:02 0wF6mU-0002vg-00 Frozen

The odd thing was that I could use eximon to 'deliver message' and it would
unfreeze it and deliver with no further problems.

Now I am using exim 1.61 with pretty much the same rewrite rules, and
it would appear to be working, but another problem has come up while I was
testing it using another address at the domain I am receiving mail for and
trying to rewrite it to my own address.

Using the rewrite rules:
athanasius@???        athan@???          Tt
farthing@???          fox@???            Tt

Both appear to be valid and recognised addresses locally:
# exim -bt -v athanasius@???
Address rewritten as: athan@???
athan@???
local delivery to athan in domain fysh.org
director = localuser, transport = procmail_pipe
# exim -bt -v farthing@???
Address rewritten as: fox@???
fox@???
local delivery to fox in domain fysh.org
director = localuser, transport = procmail_pipe

Yet when I try and send mail to each from offsite, the mail for
athanasius@??? completes and delivers correctly, where as
the mail for farthing@??? fails with this error:
1997-04-10 13:51:52 0wFJKB-0006CY-00 <= fox@??? H=mechnet.liv.ac.uk [138.253.23.9] U=fox P=esmtp S=497
1997-04-10 13:51:52 0wFJKB-0006CY-00 ** farthing@???: unknown local-part "farthing" in domain "mordor.mersinet.co.uk"
1997-04-10 13:51:52 0wFJKS-0006D5-00 <= <> R=0wFJKB-0006CY-00 U=root P=local S=1232
1997-04-10 13:51:52 0wFJKB-0006CY-00 Error message sent to fox@???
1997-04-10 13:51:52 0wFJKB-0006CY-00 Completed

What I don't understand is how one can work, and not the other. Both the
'athanasius' and 'farthing' local parts are undeliverable without this
rewrite in effect, and since the rewrite is essentially the same, why
doesn't it work?

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers,
--