Re: extracting addresses from forward files

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Michelle Dick
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: extracting addresses from forward files
On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Michelle Dick wrote:

> Smartlist distribution files look like this:
>
> artemis@???
> (Only addresses below this line can be automatically removed)
> artemis@???
> mrd@???
>
> That "(Only addresses ..." line is screwing things up for exim. It
> never seemed to bother sendmail.

I put code into 1.60 to make Exim not complain if an address contained
only an RFC 822 comment, but no substantive address. (Hadn't realized
this was something people did until someone pointed it out to me.)
Unfortunately, I goofed, causing it to ignore all addresses following
the comment one. The fix is the following simple patch:

*** exim-1.61/src/parse.c  Mon Feb 24 16:46:35 1997
--- parse.c  Thu Apr 10 14:24:02 1997
***************
*** 1223,1228 ****
--- 1223,1229 ----
          if (strcmp(*error, "empty address") == 0)
            {
            *error = NULL;
+           s[len] = save;
            s = nexts;
            continue;
            }

As I've been fixing a number of bugs since I came back from holiday, I
think it's probably worth issuing a bug-fix release fairly soon. Watch
this space in about a week's time.