extracting addresses from forward files

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Michelle Dick
A: exim-users
Temas nuevos: Strange problem when invoking exim locally
Asunto: extracting addresses from forward files

The mailing list software I use (Smartlist) usually uses a function to
call sendmail directly to send the mail. This has been working fine.

Since Philip put in a max_rcpts functions (thanks!) in the new version
of exim, I wanted to test this and bypass the smartlist program that
calls sendmail (this program does lots of chopping and sorting, I use
a smarthost, I don't need the sorting, and now that exim can do the
chopping ...). But I'm having trouble.

Smartlist distribution files look like this:

artemis@???
(Only addresses below this line can be automatically removed)
artemis@???
mrd@???

That "(Only addresses ..." line is screwing things up for exim. It
never seemed to bother sendmail.

Here is the directer I am using (based on the example in spec.txt):

smartlist_dist_aliases:
driver = forwardfile,
suffix = -dist,
no_more;
file = /home/slist/${local_part}/dist,
no_check_local_user,
forbid_pipe,
forbid_file,
skip_syntax_errors

Here is what I get from: exim2 -bt -d9 testing-dist@???

Debug level set to 9
address testing-dist@???
local_part=testing-dist domain=fatfree.com local=1
directing testing-dist@???
calling smartlist_aliases director
smartlist_aliases director: file = /etc/smartlist.aliases search type = 48
file=/etc/smartlist.aliases query=testing-dist
search_open (0) /etc/smartlist.aliases
file lookup required for testing-dist in /etc/smartlist.aliases
smartlist_aliases director failed for testing-dist:
calling fatfree_aliases director
fatfree_aliases director: file = /etc/fatfree.com.aliases search type = 48
file=/etc/fatfree.com.aliases query=testing-dist
search_open (0) /etc/fatfree.com.aliases
file lookup required for testing-dist in /etc/fatfree.com.aliases
fatfree_aliases director failed for testing-dist:
calling system_aliases director
system_aliases director: file = /etc/aliases search type = 48
file=/etc/aliases query=testing-dist
search_open (0) /etc/aliases
file lookup required for testing-dist in /etc/aliases
system_aliases director failed for testing-dist:
calling userforward director
userforward director failed for testing-dist (not a user)
calling localuser director
localuser director failed for testing-dist: no such user
smartlist_dist_aliases director has more set FALSE
stripped suffix -dist
calling smartlist_dist_aliases director
smartlist_dist_aliases director: file = /home/slist/testing/dist
parse_extract_addresses: artemis@???
(Only addresses below this line can be automatically removed)
artemis@???
mrd@???

extracted: artemis@???
extracted: (Only addresses below this line can be automatically removed)
smartlist_dist_aliases director generated artemis@???
smartlist_dist_aliases director succeeded for testing
  transport: <none>
address artemis@???
  local_part=artemis domain=fatfree.com local=1
directing artemis@???
calling smartlist_aliases director
smartlist_aliases director: file = /etc/smartlist.aliases search type = 48
file=/etc/smartlist.aliases query=artemis
search_open found (0) /etc/smartlist.aliases cached
file lookup required for artemis in /etc/smartlist.aliases
smartlist_aliases director failed for artemis:
calling fatfree_aliases director
fatfree_aliases director: file = /etc/fatfree.com.aliases search type = 48
file=/etc/fatfree.com.aliases query=artemis
search_open found (0) /etc/fatfree.com.aliases cached
file lookup required for artemis in /etc/fatfree.com.aliases
parse_extract_addresses: artemis
extracted: artemis
fatfree_aliases director generated artemis@???
   uid=unset gid=unset home=null
fatfree_aliases director succeeded for artemis
  transport: <none>
address artemis@???
  local_part=artemis domain=quinoa.fatfree.com local=1
directing artemis@???
calling smartlist_aliases director
smartlist_aliases director: file = /etc/smartlist.aliases search type = 48
file=/etc/smartlist.aliases query=artemis
search_open found (0) /etc/smartlist.aliases cached
file lookup required for artemis in /etc/smartlist.aliases
smartlist_aliases director failed for artemis:
fatfree_aliases director skipped: domain mismatch
calling system_aliases director
system_aliases director: file = /etc/aliases search type = 48
file=/etc/aliases query=artemis
search_open found (0) /etc/aliases cached
file lookup required for artemis in /etc/aliases
system_aliases director failed for artemis:
calling userforward director
userforward director: file = .forward
userforward director euid=500 egid=500
successful stat of /home/artemis
userforward director: no file found
userforward director restored euid=60 egid=60
calling localuser director
localuser director succeeded for artemis
  transport: local_delivery
search_tidyup called
artemis@???
    <-- artemis@???
    <-- testing-dist@???
  local delivery to artemis in domain quinoa.fatfree.com
  director = localuser, transport = local_delivery

The addresses after the "(Only ...)" line are never extracted. I alse
tried using an alias file with an :include: type alias and got the
same kind of error.

Nu?

p.s. exim -f should reset the From line even if there already is one.
:-) I changed my smartlist to remove the From line, but sendmail
behavior is to just replace the From line.

--
Michelle Dick             artemis@???              East Palo Alto, CA