Re: looping - exim not recognising mx is to local machine

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Henders
A: exim-users
Cc: phil
Asunto: Re: looping - exim not recognising mx is to local machine
On Mar 29, Philip Blundell <phil@???> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, John Henders wrote:
>
> > trying to get exim working on is a secondary MX for a host that is down,
> > exim doesn't appear to recognise that it is the machine refered to and
> > it loops until the message bounces.
>
> Have you tried using the "local_interfaces" option to tell the offending
> host what its own IP addresses are? It could be that the code to find
> this out on BSDI is broken.

That did it. Both the machines had multiple interfaces configured on a
seperate class C from the local machine's ip address, so I guess that
was what was confusing exim. I put the host's ip address in
local_interfaces and now it does the right thing.

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.