Re: [exim] Debian Exim Pipe

Author: Arvid Ephraim Picciani
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Debian Exim Pipe
On Wednesday 28 May 2008 19:38:24 Phil (Medway Hosting) wrote:
> If you don't mind me asking, (and no I DON'T have Debian) - What exactly is
> the issue with Debian & Exim and why a separate list ? Because they have
> modded it so much to make it work on that OS ? Is it really all that
> different ? Just interested.

It's debian. Their way of making packages is forking the orgininal project and
only applying upstream patches. Thats how debian works. Its not a secret. Its
even in some faq. In the event of any problems you're supposed to poke the
people who made the fork FIRST, simply becouse its a fork. This is not
specific to exim, but the way debian works. Note that i'm not trying to jugde
here if that method is good or bad.

--
best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Arvid Ephraim Picciani