Re: [exim] Debian Exim Pipe

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Debian Exim Pipe
Phil (Medway Hosting) wrote:
> [...]

I suspect it has become a knee(bone) jerk reaction to seeing 'exim4'.

That may be coupled with a question of the sort that shouts out load:

"I haven't even bothered to see if there *are* docs, let alone READ any
of them".

- or Google/<other> search.    For even five minutes...

Most such are painfully obvious.

Given that one thing the Debian-Exim scripts *will* do is get Exim
running 'after a fashion' without need of skill, perhaps that's not
always a good thing... loaded gun to children, etc.

Contrast that with the copious explanations embedded in the generic
tarball's default configure file AND in the file one needs to edit to
create the local(ized) Makefile when NOT using a port or package...

Barriers to entry are not always a bad thing....

And a barrier wherein one will not read what is right up front can
hardly be lowered...

.wmv / .mpeg 'How to' video's, maybe?

'When the big hand is on the 6..."

Bill