[EXIM] Adding Disclaimer

Author: John Horne
To: Exim Users List
Subject: [EXIM] Adding Disclaimer
On 01-Mar-99 at 10:00:23 Lee Cashmore wrote:
> After visiting a security conference I have decided that I would like to
> add a standard college disclaimer to all email being sent from the college
> (both within and external). Can anyone sugest the best way to go about
> doing this.
>
> The disclaimer would be a few lines of text stating something such as
>
> The views of this user are those of the user themselves and may not
> reflect those of Telford College.

Not a bad idea. I like Jim Knoble's idea of adding an 'X-' header although as
far as I am aware MUA's don't usually show these automatically. They are
present in the 'full headers', but not generally shown like Subject:, To:,
From: etc.

I have likewise raised this with our 'powers that be' (my manager) and he
wishes to know if anyone else does this and, possibly, some examples of the
wording used. Unfortunately before I can implement anything like this I have
to write a report recommending it. This goes to the University IT committee's
for approval, then I get to do it. :-( such a fuss. In the old days...

Anyway, if anyone cares to mail me with (a) "Yes we use an X- header", and/or
(b) "the wording we use is..." I would be grateful. I am not so keen on adding
a 'signature' type disclaimer since this seems to be more intrusive and will
probably take far longer for an IT decision.

Thanks,

John.

John Horne                                     E-mail: J.Horne@???
Academic and Information Services              Phone :  +44 (0) 1752 - 233914
University of Plymouth, UK                     Fax   :  +44 (0) 1752 - 233919