[exim] Error while checking expression with exim -be

Author: Victor Ustugov
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Error while checking expression with exim -be
Hello.

I need to check if the HTTP response is a JSON.
I did not find a function like isjson, so I decided to check HTTP
response with a regular expression.

When I tried to run exim with a long value of -be option, I got an error:

exim: length limit exceeded (386 > 256) for: recipient

But there are no any recipients in the command line.
Also the 256 character limit is too small in this case.

May be the cause of the problem in this code snippet.

/* An argument not starting with '-' is the start of a recipients list;
break out of the options-scanning loop. */

  if (arg[0] != '-')
    {
    recipients_arg = i;
    break;
    }

When I run

exim -be '${eval:2*2}'

then '${eval:2*2}' does not start with '-' and is not a recipient address.

--
Best wishes Victor Ustugov
mailto:victor@corvax.kiev.ua