Re: [exim] Is that SPAM? Or am I compromised?

Author: Gedalya
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Is that SPAM? Or am I compromised?
On 3/14/23 08:07, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:
> Only authentication methods which are self-encrypted should be used on a cleartext channel.

Further, I'm not aware of clients which have the specific behavior of switching to TLS after authentication.

While we're at it, will Exim or other SMTP servers remember your authenticated status after STARTTLS?

I don't see the point of enabling clients to send the message body in plaintext. And there's a need for a final push towards disallowing plaintext MX<>MX. Those that feel they can disallow that already now are helping to turn the tide and normalize the notion that plaintext SMTP is broken.