Re: [exim] Error while checking expression with exim -be

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Error while checking expression with exim -be
On 14/03/2023 11:46, Victor Ustugov via Exim-users wrote:
> When I tried to run exim with a long value of -be option, I got an error:
>
> exim: length limit exceeded (386 > 256) for: recipient

Yes, I've run into that (just this week!)

I assume the "-be <arg>" was a retrofit after the use
of a trailing arg for a mail recipient, and just uses the same
machinery.

What you can do is use the interactive mode of -be instead;
that's ok up to more like a kB - and after that, use "backlash, newline"
continuations.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy