[exim] How to make that spamassassin rules take effect in ex…

Author: Jorge Listas
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: [exim] How to make that spamassassin rules take effect in exim
Hi,

Could someone advise me on how I have to go about including new rules in
SPAMASSASIN to be used in EXIM.

There are several directories on my server that contain files with rules
associated with spamassassin.

I've modified several of them but apparently they don't affect exim's
behavior.

In exim's configure file, the spamd_address instruction does not appear,
so I interpret that it is using locale instance:

spamd_address = 127.0.0.1 783

Once the rules have been modified, restart exim with:
/etc/init.d/exim restart

Should I also restart spamassassin? I am not doing it because I have not
found spamassassin within running processes.
Should I restart it with "/etc/init.d/spamassassin restart" for it to
take the rule changes?

I appreciate in advance any suggestion.

Jorge Colaccini