Re: [exim] How to make that spamassassin rules take effect i…

Author: Jorge Listas
To: Gedalya, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to make that spamassassin rules take effect in exim
Thanks for your answer.
Anyway, my query did not point so much to how to configure either exim
or spamassasin but to the process so that recent changes are taken.

After making the changes I just restart exim. Should I also restart
spamassassin or some other service?

For example I tell you: yesterday I made changes to the rules and the
immediate tests I did were not being taken into account.

Today I did new tests and the rules that I had modified yesterday are
now processed correctly. In other words, they are being taken into
account in the spam analysis process.
But I added other new rules and they are still not being considered.

It is evident that there is something that at some point of the day
happens on the server so that the new set of rules begins to apply.

Unfortunately my hosting provider does not know what to do to complete
the process.

TIA.

Jorge

El 19/8/2021 a las 13:59, Gedalya escribió:

On 8/19/21 11:02 PM, Jorge Listas via Exim-users wrote:

> In exim's configure file, the spamd_address instruction does not appear, so I interpret that it is using locale instance:
>
> spamd_address = 127.0.0.1 783

That is indeed the default value per the documentation. It might help if you also share exactly how you are calling spamassassin from an ACL.

https://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-content_scanning_at_acl_time.html#SECID206