Re: [exim] IRC channel for Exim

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jakobus Schürz
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] IRC channel for Exim

Am 26.05.21 um 11:46 schrieb Cyborg via Exim-users:
> Am 26.05.21 um 10:55 schrieb Jeremy Harris via Exim-users:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We have used Freenode for an IRC channel (#exim) for many years.
>> Recent developments are making me consider a move, possibly
>> to irc.libera.chat (port 6697 for SSL; #exim).  The channel
>> exists but I've not yet gotten it confirmed as representing
>> the Exim project.
>>
>> If anyone wants to comment, please raise a hand.
>
> Reminder: The Freenode Bridge to Matrix (#freenode_#exim:matrix.org )
> must be established from LibraChat.
>

> The next question is easy to guess.. why not switching to Matrix? It
> would be the perfect moment.
>
> As one already there, it's great :)

I've running my own matrix-server, and matrix is still under
development. We've discussed a lot about Matrix and XMPP. I also run my
own XMPP-Server (ejabberd).

And XMPP is a little bit more configuration-work, but it needs A LOT
less ressources, compared to matrix.

Have a look to snikket (https://snikket.org/). It is a
prosody-XMPP-Server, preconfigured and run in a docker. You only need to
configure a few DNS-Entries and open ports on firewall.

Snikket gives you a great Admin-Panel. You can register new accounts
with invitations, have an own application (based on conversations) for
android, and once registered, you can use your snikket-account as normal
xmpp-account. To chat 1:1 and in MUC (Multi-User-Chat... like Groupchat
or Chatrooms). Picture Up/Download, File-Transfer, Voice/Video-Calls and
Messages... all you need for a modern Messenger-System.

On Desktop Gajim oder Dino is your Choice. Even Webchats (JSCX Plugin
for Nextcloud, or ConverseJS, you can easily add to your Website) are
possible.

Matrix seems a big bloat... it's nice, and i use it also, But i prefer
XMPP.

Jakob

--
Die Email-Adresse <eisenbahn@???> wird in absehbarer Zeit aufgelassen. Wenn sie weiterhin Interesse an einer Kommunikation mit mir haben, bitte ich sie, meine neuen Kontaktdaten bei mir zu erfragen.