Re: [exim] IRC channel for Exim

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Cyborg
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Καινούρια Θέματα: [exim] discard mail from all local users except
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] IRC channel for Exim
Am 27.05.21 um 21:23 schrieb Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-users:

>> You should know, that there was a bridge to Matrix already working in the
>> freenodesystem. it had some minor bugs, but all was mirrored from irc to
>> matrix.
> For me this bridge was unidirectional only, it didn't send my Matrix
> messages to IRC/freenode.

The bridge Fedora used did work "better", but differently. BTW, Fedora
moved over to Libera too, and announced it a few minutes ago.
> *By any Matrix account* - I'm not sure if I'd want to register an
> account for the sole purpose to get Exim help. IRC seems to be more open
> here. But that's just *my* point of view. Matrix doesn't seem to be
> widely established as a support channel yet, at least - again - from my
> limited point of view.

There is no reason, why a webclient should not be able to log into a
room as a guest with a random name.

> Please don't get me wrong - I do not vote against Matrix, but I do not
> see a good reason to drop IRC. But - if we setup a Matrix server, I'd
> use it and we can see if this gets more users than the #exim channel on
> libera.chat.

If you could see it throu my eyes, you wouldn't wait for it, you would
just do it :)

And now Community, your opinion is required.

If the final decision is to stay on libra, pls do not forget to use a
different type of irc bridge to matrix, so it works "better".

Best regards,
Marius