Re: [exim] cut subjects that are too long + delete emojii fr…

Author: Dmitriy Matrosov
To: Sebastian Nielsen via Exim-users, exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] cut subjects that are too long + delete emojii from subject lines...
Hi.

On November 28, 2018 9:59:22 AM GMT+03:00, Sebastian Nielsen via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
>How can I reliably cut subjects that are too long, without breaking
>for example quoted-printable encodings and such?

Decoded subject is in $h_Subject: , to reencode it you may use ${rfc2047}. We use the following for altering spam subject:

headers_remove  = ${if bool{${extract {spam-tag} {$address_data}}} {Subject}}
headers_add     = ${if bool{${extract {spam-tag} {$address_data}}} {Subject: ${rfc2047:*****SPAM***** $h_Subject:}}}

It certainly breaks dkim, but some people still wants this..

Also, resulting encoding won't be the same as original, but it still will be correct.