Re: [exim] exim4 Versions above about 4.80 Don't Talk to my …

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim4 Versions above about 4.80 Don't Talk to my ISP's smarthost.
Martin McCormick via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Do 31 Mai 2018 05:02:35 CEST):
>       In the first place one can not add protocol=smtps to
> /etc/exim4/conf.d/transport/30_exim4-config_remote_smtp_smarthost
> as this throws an error now that protocol=smtps is not understood.

Try

    $ exim -bP config

and check the output, maybe you even can send us the transport section
from the output. Do you have multiple transports defined there?

(Using protocol = smtps in the outbound transport should switch the
remote port to "smtps")

What is the output from:

    $ getent services smtps

The log you sent doesn't have any indication about the remote port and
about using TLS-on-connect.

Try adding +outgoing_port to the log_selector setting.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann