Re: [exim] exim4 Versions above about 4.80 Don't Talk to my …

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim4 Versions above about 4.80 Don't Talk to my ISP's smarthost.
On 05/31/2018 04:02 AM, Martin McCormick via Exim-users wrote:
>     It was also necessary to add a line to

> /etc/exim4/conf.d/transport/30_exim4-config_remote_smtp_smarthost
>
> in a certain place that indicated protocol=smtps

This will be the magic bit, and the syntax looks right, so
best guess is that you placed it in the wrong place.

Compare that file with:

http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-the_smtp_transport.html#SECID146

You're trying to add an option on the transport definition
for your smarthost. What I don't know is if that's the right
file for Debian these days; with luck comments in it may help.
Alternatively, the Debian config-helper may know about
SSL-on-connect configurations for smarthosts already; you may
not need ot do it manually.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy