Re: [exim] spool format error (on some list messages)

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] spool format error (on some list messages)
Hi,

it looks as if the last SA-Exim header eliminated the blank line that
separates header and body.

I'm not sure how the sa_exim processing works, I do not use it for long
time now. Does it see the original spooled message and modifies it?
After this step, Exim does its own processessing, splitting the message
into -H and -D?

I'd see sa_exim as the suspicious. Maybe bad cooperation between sa_exim
and Exim when we use wire format spool files (do we?) or when the
message arrives in chunks. I think, we had some other issues in this
context.

For verification, can you add to some ACL the

    warn    senders = linux-kernel@XXX
            control = no_mbox_unspool

directive? This way the message should stay in the $spooldir/scan
folder, even after scanning. (I'm not sure if this is the way sa_exim
works, it is just guesswork and it could help to identify the issue.)

And as another step, can you disable sa_exim for the linux-kernel mails
(or for all mails alltogether), so we can identify a little bit more
about the issue?

> 1fOL7J-0001BL-DC-H

> 031 X-Spam-Relay-Country: US US **
> 090 Subject: [tip:perf/urgent] perf tools: Fix perf.data format description of
> NRCPUS header
> 065 X-SA-Exim-Version: 4.2.1 (built Tue, 02 Aug 2016 21:08:31 +0000)
> 066 X-SA-Exim-Scanned: Yes (on s-Mich Richter <tmricht@???>

[ HERE THE BLANK LINE WAS EATEN, so Exim doesn't recognize
this as the end of the header section of the message.
> 042 Acked-by: Andi Kleen <ak@???>
> 044 Cc: Adrian Hunter <adrian.hunter@???>
> 036 Cc: David Ahern <dsahern@???>
> 034 Cc: He Kuang <hekuang@???>