Re: [exim] exim4 Versions above about 4.80 Don't Talk to my …

Author: Klaus Maria Pfeiffer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim4 Versions above about 4.80 Don't Talk to my ISP's smarthost.
On 05/31/2018 05:02 AM, Martin McCormick via Exim-users wrote:
> set passwd.client as follows:
> *.suddenlink.net:martin.m@???:somePaSsword

have you checked
man 5 exim4-config_files
and that the hostname in passwd.client is the rDNS of your smarthost, so
in your case could be smtp.suddenlink.net.

> in a certain place that indicated protocol=smtps and then the TLS
> magic worked for about 3 years until I upgraded to debian
> stretch using exim4 version 4.89. Then the magic black box

in Debians exim TLS is enabled by default, please check
/usr/share/doc/exim4-config/README.Debian.gz chapter 2.3.1. Using Exim
as SMTP-AUTH client

gre3tings, Klaus