Re: [exim] Fwd: Rate-limit queue-processing per domain

Author: Dean Brooks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Fwd: Rate-limit queue-processing per domain
On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 09:46:38PM +0100, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 18/10/17 21:18, Charlie Elgholm wrote:
> > But sure, naming different queues, spooling to them based on domain, and
> > manually delivering from some of them is probably the clean
> > "Exim-solution". I just have to figure out how to make Exim skip those
> > queues when starting automatic queue-runners.
>
> You start up N queue-runner daemons; one for each named queue -
> as well as the traditional one which runs the un-named queue
> and also handle inbound smtp.

Could you create a router that exists solely to run a sleep command if a queue run is being performed?

slow_queue:
  driver = accept
  condition = ${if queue_running}
  condition = ${run{/bin/sleep 30}{yes}{no}}
  no_verify  # Don't execute during ACL verification
  unseen     # Pass message to next router even though we've accepted

Bit of a hack but combined with strict queue-runner limits seems like it could work to effective throttle. Haven't tested, maybe some pitfalls?

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???