Re: [exim] Rate-limit queue-processing per domain

Author: Andrew C Aitchison
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Rate-limit queue-processing per domain
On Wed, 18 Oct 2017, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

> If you want the rate-limit to apply collectively to any of
> outlook.com/live.com/hotmail.com, you can declare a common
> nexthop for these:
>
>     outlook.com   slow:outlook.com
>     live.com      slow:outlook.com
>     hotmail.com   slow:outlook.com

> based on the observation that they presently (and will likely
> continue to) have the "same" set of MX hosts:

I would not be so confident that those services will continue to
have the same MX hosts. Last month (or maybe August) problems were
reported by people who considered hotmail.fr and hotmail.co.uk
to be the same as hotmail.com and were caught out when the MXes
for these domains ceased to be the same.
If you are subscribed to mailop the following may explain further:
https://chilli.nosignal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/mailop/2017-September/010429.html
https://chilli.nosignal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/mailop/2017-September/010430.html
https://chilli.nosignal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/mailop/2017-September/010492.html

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                    Cambridge, UK
             andrew@???