Re: [exim] Fwd: Rate-limit queue-processing per domain

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Fwd: Rate-limit queue-processing per domain
On 18/10/17 21:18, Charlie Elgholm wrote:
> But sure, naming different queues, spooling to them based on domain, and
> manually delivering from some of them is probably the clean
> "Exim-solution". I just have to figure out how to make Exim skip those
> queues when starting automatic queue-runners.

You start up N queue-runner daemons; one for each named queue -
as well as the traditional one which runs the un-named queue
and also handle inbound smtp.

> It would be nice to have Exim automatically "back off" when it sees a lot
> of errors from a domain though. That way we can handle this dynamically,
> instead of having to manually identify all the domains who need throttling.

Adding to what I said before: your retry config gets a little more
complex if the "back off" signal from the target is more involved than
a refusal-to-connect. RCPT-time 4xx is an issue; Exim treats it as
message-specific not host-specific.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy