Re: [exim] Exim4 skips SpamAssassin if attachments are too b…

Author: Paul Lenz
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim4 skips SpamAssassin if attachments are too big
Sorry, this is the wrong place in the thread structure, but I did not
receive Lena'S message in my mailbox.

Hello Lena,

sorry for the delay, I was busy with other things. No I want to come
back to you.

The mentioned text "Loteria" was clearly visible in the body, because it
was attached as

Anyway I will try your code because you seem to be a real Exim4 wizard.

But I have two questions:

1. Why do you want to reject spam? Isn't it a waste of traffic and may
cause useless bounces?

2. I would prefer to use my director which simply moves spam detected by
SpamAssassin into a waste bin:

spamkill_director:
driver = accept
check_local_user
condition = "${if def:h_X-Spam-Flag: {1}{0}}"
transport = spamkill
no_verify

How can I set this flag instead of denying a message if "loteria" was
detected?

And by the way, I had a look on you file "Lena-eximconf-run.txt".
I wonder how this set of rules can detect viruses.
I wrote a plugin for Spamassassin which unzips every attachement and
(IMHO very important) unzips every MS Office file (xlsx, xlsm, docx) and
looks for strings like "rundll32" or "This program cannot be run in DOS
mode" and some others. I am rather sure that this plugin saved me from
WannaCry.

BR
Paul Lenz