[exim] Adding authentication results headers for SPF and DKI…

Author: Konstantin Boyandin
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Adding authentication results headers for SPF and DKIM
Hello,

Using: Exim 4.86, built from sources, with DKIM and SPF support compiled in:

>From Local/Makefile:

EXPERIMENTAL_SPF=yes
CFLAGS += -I/usr/local/include
LDFLAGS += -lspf2

# DISABLE_DKIM=yes

(for some reason, placing DISABLE_DKIM=no line disabled DKIM support;
when I left the line commented out as above, DKIM support has been built in)

Adding DKIM header was simple:

exim.conf, header section:

acl_smtp_dkim = acl_smtp_dkim

exim.conf, ACL section:

acl_smtp_dkim:
    accept add_header = X-Authentication-Results:
dkim=$dkim_verify_status, header.i=@$dkim_cur_signer

However, I can't figure out how to insert SPF authentication results. I
do not need to deny/whatever delivery (the worst thing that will happen
is message being marked as spam and sent to corresponding folder). The
below line (below acl_check_rcpt:) does nothing useful:

warn add_header = X-Authentication-Results: spf=$spf_result;
$spf_smtp_comment

it just inserts

(no spf variables are created). How it could be done?

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Konstantin