Re: [exim] Adding authentication results headers for SPF and…

Author: Konstantin Boyandin
To: exim-users
CC: Ted Cooper
Subject: Re: [exim] Adding authentication results headers for SPF and DKIM
Ted Cooper писал 2015-12-14 06:50:
> On 14/12/15 10:32, Konstantin Boyandin wrote:
>> # DISABLE_DKIM=yes
>>
>> (for some reason, placing DISABLE_DKIM=no line disabled DKIM support;
>> when I left the line commented out as above, DKIM support has been
>> built in)
>
> This is expected behaviour. This is a Makefile, and these are MACROs
> that are checked in the source code using #ifdef and #ifndef. The use a
> macro, uncomment it and optionally set its value. To disable a macro,
> comment it out or delete it.

Please elaborate. If I set

DISABLE_DKIM=no

and run make, and DKIM is *not* built-in, this is expected behaviour?
Looks like the actual value of this macro isn't checked, and its mere
presence excludes DKIM functionality.

>> However, I can't figure out how to insert SPF authentication results.
>> do not need to deny/whatever delivery (the worst thing that will
>> happen
>> is message being marked as spam and sent to corresponding folder). The
>> below line (below acl_check_rcpt:) does nothing useful:
>>
>> warn add_header = X-Authentication-Results: spf=$spf_result;
>> $spf_smtp_comment
>>
>> it just inserts

> Have you called the SPF code in any way via ACL to fill those
> variables?
>
> eg (completely untested and obviously incomplete)
> warn    message        = :at_start:$spf_received
>     spf        = *

> The 2nd line there runs the SPF checking code and will return true in
> all result circumstances.

The config lines you offered didn't work.

The ones I used *do* work, as it seems, but in a strange way - not all
incoming email messages are supplied with the header I meant. Looks like
SPF support is indeed very experimental.

Does anyone use SPF feature to add headers to incoming mail? If yes, I
would appreciate your configuration sample.

(meanwhile, I continue experimenting myself)

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Konstantin