Re: [exim] Adding authentication results headers for SPF and…

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Adding authentication results headers for SPF and DKIM
On 14/12/15 10:32, Konstantin Boyandin wrote:
> # DISABLE_DKIM=yes
>
> (for some reason, placing DISABLE_DKIM=no line disabled DKIM support;
> when I left the line commented out as above, DKIM support has been built in)

This is expected behaviour. This is a Makefile, and these are MACROs
that are checked in the source code using #ifdef and #ifndef. The use a
macro, uncomment it and optionally set its value. To disable a macro,
comment it out or delete it.

> However, I can't figure out how to insert SPF authentication results. I
> do not need to deny/whatever delivery (the worst thing that will happen
> is message being marked as spam and sent to corresponding folder). The
> below line (below acl_check_rcpt:) does nothing useful:
>
> warn add_header = X-Authentication-Results: spf=$spf_result;
> $spf_smtp_comment
>
> it just inserts

Have you called the SPF code in any way via ACL to fill those variables?

eg (completely untested and obviously incomplete)
warn    message        = :at_start:$spf_received
    spf        = *

The 2nd line there runs the SPF checking code and will return true in
all result circumstances.