Re: [exim] Hi@ALL - Exim4 Multidomain / Multidomain-Multiins…

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: dcentury@outlook.com
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Hi@ALL - Exim4 Multidomain / Multidomain-Multiinstance Setup possible?

http://www.exim.org/exim-pdf-current/doc/spec.pdf Should contain the current documentation. Unfortunately, page 1 says that it’s the documentation for 4.82, and that seems to be true.

IIRC, this has been a problem in the past. However, the differences are probably small. You can find the changes at https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/ChangeLog Indeed, it seems there were only bugfixes in 4.84

> #multidomain
> As descibed above I was able to setup postfix on a single domain, multiple domains and bound to one specific and later multiple IPv4/IPv6-Addresses (isolated smtpd instances)
> Q: Is there an option in exim4 to do the same?

This can be done with careful configuration. It’s probably easier to use multiple instances.

> #multiinstance
> Postfix can handle parallel instances (any instance has its own configfiles, multiple ques, directories ect.) (the "postmulti -I <name> -e create" utility can help to do this)
> Q: Is there an way in exim4 to do smothing like this (without virtualization like jails, kvm, vmware ect)?

Yes, just launch exim with a different configuration file, and specify the various locations in that configuration file, or sometimes from the command line, if that’s easier.