Re: [exim] From and Return-Path rewrite problem

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] From and Return-Path rewrite problem
On 2014-10-07, Bata Degen <bata42@???> wrote:

> On 10/07/2014 07:00 PM, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
>> Hi Bata,
>
> Hi Klaus,
>
> thanks for taking the time!
>

>> Am Mo den 6. Okt 2014 um 13:08 schrieb Bata Degen:
>>
>>> It works BUT the From-Header is overwritten to something like this:
>>> From: www-data <www-data@???>. The domain3.com is also legit on
>>> this server but not the domain I want to be used.
>>
>> Have a look at the trusted_users or trusted_groups settings. In debian
>> you manage that by setting MAIN_TRUSTED_USERS and/or MAIN_TRUSTED_GROUPS
>> in /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/02_exim4-config_options (if you use the great
>> split feature, debian provides).
>
> I will look into that. I still have to find out how these settings will
> be compiled (if I got it right) into the
> /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated. Do I have to insert "hardcoded"
> values into the /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/02_exim4-config_options and then
> restart Exim? Could you provide me with an example? In my config they
> are not (?) set. It looks like this (excerpt).

If you're using split config edit /etc/exim4/main/{something}
(personally I'd make a new file rather than editing on of the supplied
ones, that way upgrades are smoother)

If you're not using split config edit /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template

Yes, you need to restart (or reload is sufficient) exim4. the your new
config will be compiled and syntax checked and if it passes installed in
/var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated if not you'll get an error message.

More info in /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/README.Debian.gz

--
umop apisdn