Re: [exim] From and Return-Path rewrite problem

Author: Klaus Ethgen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] From and Return-Path rewrite problem
Hi Bata,

Am Mo den 6. Okt 2014 um 13:08 schrieb Bata Degen:

> It works BUT the From-Header is overwritten to something like this:
> From: www-data <www-data@???>. The domain3.com is also legit on
> this server but not the domain I want to be used.

Have a look at the trusted_users or trusted_groups settings. In debian
you manage that by setting MAIN_TRUSTED_USERS and/or MAIN_TRUSTED_GROUPS
in /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/02_exim4-config_options (if you use the great
split feature, debian provides).

This is usually only about the envelope from. I do not know if your
script is working correct as I do not know (and even want to know ;-)
PHP.

If there is further stuff you might find it below
/etc/exim4/conf.d/rewrite/.

> Above all, I need to know from where Exim possibly retrieves domain
> names. I've already checked /etc/mailname and /etc/hostname. They are
> IMHO okay!

Under debian there is also /etc/mailname. For further stuff you have to
look inside the configuration itself.

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                              http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16   Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@???>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C