Re: [exim] From and Return-Path rewrite problem

Author: Klaus Ethgen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] From and Return-Path rewrite problem
Hi,

Am Di den 7. Okt 2014 um 21:30 schrieb Bata Degen:
> What I found out was that in the autogenerated config mentioned above
> the variable DCreadhost is set to domain3.com which would explain some
> things. Still I don't know how to change the settings such that the
> autogenerated config changes. There's a big warning not to change the
> file manually.

It will take to far to go into all details. A good starting point might
be /usr/share/doc/exim4 where all debian specific stuff is described
well. For a real detail Debian specific introducing, please see
README.Debian.gz.

Just for some overview:
- - You choose as a debconf question if you want split config or one file.
- - Split config is compiled with update-exim4.conf (You can recreate the
single config with update-exim4.conf.template but I will not go into
this as I like and use the split config.)
- - There is a config file /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf, that is
written by debconf. (Could be changed by hand but remember to not mix
hand changes and debconf)
- - The main config is under /etc/exim4/conf.d/main. It is expected for
you to change it for your needs.
- - Also the other configs under /etc/exim4/conf.d could be changed
freely.
- - If you do not like the debian way, you can have a normal exim
configuration under /etc/exim4/exim.conf and you are on your own. :-)

Regards
   Klaus
- --
Klaus Ethgen                              http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub  4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16   Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@???>
Fingerprint: 85D4 CA42 952C 949B 1753  62B3 79D0 B06F 4E20 AF1C