Re: [exim] shunting off email from MX1+MX2 to third unpublis…

Author: Dennis Chang [C]
To: Todd Lyons
CC: exim-users@exim.org, Chris Siebenmann
Subject: Re: [exim] shunting off email from MX1+MX2 to third unpublished MX running Exim4 to filter just one user locally?
Whoops, I meant "Thanks, Chris and Todd"--left off Chris' name there.

On 05/07/2013 11:34 AM, Todd Lyons wrote:
> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 7:47 AM, Chris Siebenmann <cks@???> wrote:
>> |
>> | I need to trap this particular address here on this Exim4 server and
>> | only redirect other emails in the same domain (especially
>> | support@???) out to the remote MX1 and MX2.
>>
>>   My opinion is that you want to write your exim.conf from scratch
>> instead of trying to coerce the general Debian/Ubuntu one into doing
>> what you want. In theory it should have a very simple structure for
>> routers:
>>
>> - a router that matches just help@??? and runs it through your
>>    processing
>> - a router that sends everything @domain.com off to the Exchange machines
>> - a dnslookup router to handle outside domains (you need this to at least
>>    verify incoming MAIL FROMs)
> +1   (multiple times if I could)  By far the easiest way to do it IMHO.
>
> ...Todd
>
> --
> The total budget at all receivers for solving senders' problems is $0.
>   If you want them to accept your mail and manage it the way you want,
> send it the way the spec says to. --John Levine

This communication constitutes an electronic communication within the meaning of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act [18 USC 2510] and it is intended to be received and read only by certain individuals for their sole use and benefit. It may contain information that is privileged or protected from disclosure by law. If it has been misdirected, or if you suspect you have received this in error, please notify me by replying and then delete both the message and reply. Thank you.
***Consider the environment before printing.***