Re: [exim] shunting off email from MX1+MX2 to third unpublis…

Author: Evgeniy Berdnikov
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] shunting off email from MX1+MX2 to third unpublished MX running Exim4 to filter just one user locally?
On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 09:23:13PM +0000, Dennis Chang [C] wrote:
> However, I may not be able to use the other trick you mentioned for redirecting mail to support@???<mailto:support@exchange.domain.com>. I am not sure why yet, but test emails sent from my workstation to the internal FQDN of the Exchange server don't work. (The Exim4 server is not even involved in this test.) So there may be something with the configuration of the Exchange servers (which I am not in charge of) that prevents me from going this route.

You can easily test configuration of Exchange servers running SMTP session
by hands, with telnet, something like this:

% telnet exchange.domain.com
220 domain.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at...
HELO somehost.domain.com
250 domain.com Hello [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
MAIL FROM: <>
250 2.1.0 Sender OK
RCPT TO: <support@???>

You should receive here the reply with 250 status-code if address is valid
for the Exchange configuration and 4xx/5xx code if not.
--
Eugene Berdnikov