Re: [exim] shunting off email from MX1+MX2 to third unpublis…

Author: Dennis Chang [C]
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] shunting off email from MX1+MX2 to third unpublished MX running Exim4 to filter just one user locally?
Thanks very much, Eugene! I corrected the typo you caught, and exactly as you predicted, it started recognizing help as a local mailbox.

However, I may not be able to use the other trick you mentioned for redirecting mail to support@???<mailto:support@exchange.domain.com>. I am not sure why yet, but test emails sent from my workstation to the internal FQDN of the Exchange server don't work. (The Exim4 server is not even involved in this test.) So there may be something with the configuration of the Exchange servers (which I am not in charge of) that prevents me from going this route.

It is a brilliant idea, though. If it had worked, I would've had the exact solution I needed within 15 minutes of reading your email. And thanks for your help with the local delivery typo!

Dennis.

> I think Ubuntu's environment is very similar to Debian, and for Debian
> your configuration file is wrong: looks as 'domain.com' is local domain
> but "exim -bt" shows that it's really not. The reason is a syntax error:
> the dc_other_hostnames line should be written as
>
> dc_other_hostnames='cmpr01 : domain.com'
>
> Then, you should NOT put 'domain.com' into dc_relay_domains if you declare
> it as local in dc_other_hostnames. Usage of non-qualified name as 'cmpr01'
> should be avoided.
>
> After correction you get mails locally delivered. As for the back route
> to Exchange(s), the simplest way is to create additional alias for them,
> say "exchange.domain.com" (configure DNS and Exchange together), and
> forward filtered mail to <support@???>.
> --
> Eugene Berdnikov

This communication constitutes an electronic communication within the meaning of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act [18 USC 2510] and it is intended to be received and read only by certain individuals for their sole use and benefit. It may contain information that is privileged or protected from disclosure by law. If it has been misdirected, or if you suspect you have received this in error, please notify me by replying and then delete both the message and reply. Thank you.
***Consider the environment before printing.***