Re: [exim-dev] [exim] OpenDMARC integration proposal (#2)

Góra strony
Autor: Todd Lyons
Dla: Todd Lyons, exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] [exim] OpenDMARC integration proposal (#2)
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Phil Pennock <pdp@???> wrote:
> On 2013-04-01 at 10:26 -0700, Todd Lyons wrote:
>> Good gods, rebasing is not working, conflicts galore.
>> I'm on the edge of creating a new ranch, then just creating one commit with
>> the code, one commit with the docs, and merging that branch.
> If rebasing has conflicts, then merging would have conflicts, right?
> So if you rebase the current branch you have against the branch-point to
> create a very few simple patches (perhaps just two as you suggest) then
> it should be simpler to see the conflicts and resolve them, in a
> subsequent rebase against current master?

I ended up just branching from master, then:

git checkout --patch branch_with_the_problem

which does a diff from the referenced branch to current HEAD, then
does an interactive (per diff chunk) "do you want to apply this", for
each chunk of each file, to the staging area. I made two passes
through, once for code, then once for documentation. After each pass,
once I had what I wanted, I committed. This ended up with three
commits (first is code, second is docs, third is cleanup per ML
discussion) depicted on this branch:

http://git.exim.org/users/tlyons/exim.git/shortlog/refs/heads/master_opendmarc

There is one more commit to be made that will fixes some error output
very early in DMARC initialization if an expected file (text file from
Mozilla with a current TLD list) is not found. If the setting
dmarc_tld_list is defined and not found, then spit out an error, but
if it's not defined, then don't spit out an error because the sysadmin
has done nothing to attempt to get dmarc working yet.

I ran the test suite for the first both with and without DMARC code
compiled in and it resulted in the exact same 6 tests that always fail
for me:

Test 0036 log/0036 failed
Test 0036 mail/0036.abcd failed
Test 0036 mail/0036.userx failed
Test 0152 mail/0152.postmaster failed
Test 0190 exit code unexpected failed
Test 0190 exit code unexpected failed
Test 0190 exit code unexpected failed
Test 0358 stdout/0358 failed
Test 0373 stdout/0373 failed
Test 0548 rejectlog/0548 failed
Test 0548 log/0548 failed
Test 0548 stdout/0548 failed

That was my output (runtest -CONTINUE mode) for compilations both with
and without EXPERIMENTAL_DMARC enabled.

...Todd