Re: [exim-dev] HTML gen: tagged chapters?

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: exim-dev
CC: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] HTML gen: tagged chapters?
On 2012-12-06 at 15:44 +0000, exim-dev@??? wrote:
> It works fine for people without js. It works exactly the way you just
> described. ch01.html is a symlink to ch-introduction.html. The
> javascript is just a nice extra that people get when they have js
> enabled. It redirects people from ch01.html to ch-introduction.html.

My excuse for lack of comprehension is that I was sleep deprived.

The reason for the JS is crystal clear to me today. Thank you for your
patience in explaining things slowly in words even I could understand.

I particularly like that the rel=canonical works correctly, no matter
which site hosts the content and which version is viewed. We might get
a temporary search engine dip for the renames, but with all the links
still existing and all pointing to one canonical address which has the
same content, I think we're fine and will end up better than ever,
because old chapter 58 will give rel=canonical to new chapter 60, which
will have updated-but-similar content, so rel=canonical might be more
trusted (because it's more accurate). So we end up being even more
likely to give authoritative correct information high up in search
engine result pages.

Thanks Mike,
-Phil