Re: [exim-dev] HTML gen: tagged chapters?

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: exim-dev
CC: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] HTML gen: tagged chapters?
On 2012-12-06 at 15:27 +0000, exim-dev@??? wrote:
> All of the links are to the new style URLs now for people with or
> without js enabled. However, a lot of people are going to be coming in
> on the old style URLs because of links on other sites, and
> bookmarking/passing around those old style URLs. So I took an extra step
> of using javascript to rewrite the URLs from eg ch01.html to
> ch-introduction.html. If js is disabled, I can't rewrite because the
> site is static.

Oh, this is why I generated symlinks. Isn't that simpler, and has the
benefit of working for folks using text-mode browsers?

> I'm working from git://github.com/Exim/exim-website.git and don't see
> those changes. Am I working from the wrong repository?

It will get the changes pushed to it hourly, I think.

Also, I can manually push there. Done.

> > On branch "pdp_gen_change" commit 0b04e98f additionally has my changes
> > to gen.pl to implement the same thing, covering everything but the ToC.
> > It uses the CHAP<foo> stuff as the URL item, which is what I was
> > suggesting, but I'm happy enough with a transformed version of the full
> > chapter title. In fact, yours is better for this.
> >
> > However, you've broken the index chapters. They're all called
> > "ch-.html", so chapter 60 overwrote 58 & 59.
>
> I wasn't aware of these pages. I'll look into it.
>
> > Also, the index links in your version have lost the #SECT<...> anchor
> > links, so you're just linking to the page, not the place within the
> > page.
>
> I don't know what you're saying here. What pages should I look at, and
> where?

The index pages (chapters 58, 59, 60) all create links to
ch<whatever>.html#SECT<something>. Your rewriting is dropping the
fragments from the target URLs.

> > I'm hoping that something in:
> > http://git.exim.org/exim-website.git/commitdiff/0b04e98f8d23402365e0d120fa5c50215919725a
> > will help you fix yours so you can push it. :)
> >
> > Also, if anyone knows why:
> > http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch58.html
> > is off-setting the text to the left, so it's chopped off, I'd appreciate
> > seeing it fixed. Hrm, I thought it was just mine doing that, I'm hoping
> > I didn't just break the main site.
>
> Something is broken on the main site. The ToC popout thing on the left
> no longer has an image on it.

Yeah, looks like the site auto-rebuilt from my pushes? Or someone did a
manual build?

I found this independently, sorry that it's made it out live. I used
${foo} instead of {$foo} in one of the .xsl files.

I've already pushed the fix. I've no idea what it takes for that to
become live, unless it's just "cron".

-Phil