Re: [exim-dev] HTML gen: tagged chapters?

Góra strony
Autor: exim-dev
Dla: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] HTML gen: tagged chapters?
On 06/12/12 15:14, Phil Pennock wrote:

> Why do you have to use jquery to change links live? How does this work
> for folks without JS, they just get the numbers?

All of the links are to the new style URLs now for people with or
without js enabled. However, a lot of people are going to be coming in
on the old style URLs because of links on other sites, and
bookmarking/passing around those old style URLs. So I took an extra step
of using javascript to rewrite the URLs from eg ch01.html to
ch-introduction.html. If js is disabled, I can't rewrite because the
site is static.

> In the meantime, I've pushed on master:
> * fa192345: make sure eximhtml2txt.pl doesn't break with the new regime
> * ad0a6832: some links referenced /doc/ instead of /static/doc/, fixed
> * f380b4ff: .editorconfig file for exim-website

I'm working from git://github.com/Exim/exim-website.git and don't see
those changes. Am I working from the wrong repository?

> On branch "pdp_gen_change" commit 0b04e98f additionally has my changes
> to gen.pl to implement the same thing, covering everything but the ToC.
> It uses the CHAP<foo> stuff as the URL item, which is what I was
> suggesting, but I'm happy enough with a transformed version of the full
> chapter title. In fact, yours is better for this.
>
> However, you've broken the index chapters. They're all called
> "ch-.html", so chapter 60 overwrote 58 & 59.

I wasn't aware of these pages. I'll look into it.

> Also, the index links in your version have lost the #SECT<...> anchor
> links, so you're just linking to the page, not the place within the
> page.

I don't know what you're saying here. What pages should I look at, and
where?

> I'm hoping that something in:
> http://git.exim.org/exim-website.git/commitdiff/0b04e98f8d23402365e0d120fa5c50215919725a
> will help you fix yours so you can push it. :)
>
> Also, if anyone knows why:
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch58.html
> is off-setting the text to the left, so it's chopped off, I'd appreciate
> seeing it fixed. Hrm, I thought it was just mine doing that, I'm hoping
> I didn't just break the main site.

Something is broken on the main site. The ToC popout thing on the left
no longer has an image on it.

--
Mike Cardwell  https://grepular.com/     http://cardwellit.com/
OpenPGP Key    35BC AF1D 3AA2 1F84 3DC3  B0CF 70A5 F512 0018 461F