Re: [exim-dev] HTML gen: tagged chapters?

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: exim-dev
CC: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] HTML gen: tagged chapters?
On 2012-12-06 at 13:32 +0000, exim-dev@??? wrote:
> It was a fairly small change so I've just gone ahead and done it. I've
> made the modifications in my sandbox. You can see my sandbox here:
>
> https://grepular.com/exim/
>
> Here's the diff:
>
> https://grepular.com/exim/diff.txt

Ahah, the ToC I was fighting is in the .xsl -- blindingly obvious in
retrospect. It perhaps shows that I've never really dealt with .xsl.

> IIRC, I have write access to the Exim website git repo... If so, I can
> push the changes if they're wanted, or someone else can apply the patch.
> Somebody else would need to run build.sh to put the changes live anyway...

Please do push the changes when they're fixed, they're wanted. See
below, there's a bug.

Why do you have to use jquery to change links live? How does this work
for folks without JS, they just get the numbers?

In the meantime, I've pushed on master:
* fa192345: make sure eximhtml2txt.pl doesn't break with the new regime
* ad0a6832: some links referenced /doc/ instead of /static/doc/, fixed
* f380b4ff: .editorconfig file for exim-website

On branch "pdp_gen_change" commit 0b04e98f additionally has my changes
to gen.pl to implement the same thing, covering everything but the ToC.
It uses the CHAP<foo> stuff as the URL item, which is what I was
suggesting, but I'm happy enough with a transformed version of the full
chapter title. In fact, yours is better for this.

However, you've broken the index chapters. They're all called
"ch-.html", so chapter 60 overwrote 58 & 59.

Also, the index links in your version have lost the #SECT<...> anchor
links, so you're just linking to the page, not the place within the
page.

I'm hoping that something in:
http://git.exim.org/exim-website.git/commitdiff/0b04e98f8d23402365e0d120fa5c50215919725a
will help you fix yours so you can push it. :)

Also, if anyone knows why:
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch58.html
is off-setting the text to the left, so it's chopped off, I'd appreciate
seeing it fixed. Hrm, I thought it was just mine doing that, I'm hoping
I didn't just break the main site.

-Phil