Re: [exim] Sending limit per day for Authenticated (LOGIN AU…

Góra strony
Autor: W B Hacker
Dla: exim users
Temat: Re: [exim] Sending limit per day for Authenticated (LOGIN AUTH) users
Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2012-11-17 at 16:42 +0200, Lena@??? wrote:
>> Below I explain in detail (for novices at Exim) what to change in
>> Exim config for automatic blocking of compromised and spammers' accounts,
>> with automatic email notification to abuse or support staff.
>> This code also blocks brute force password cracking via SMTP
>> (it's not as important but a little useful).
>
> What's needed with Exim to get rid of the shell usage to create a file,
> so that this can be done more cleanly and we can get this, perhaps
> commented out, into the default configuration file supplied with Exim?
>
> Perhaps there's something that can be done with sqlite support instead
> of using individual files?
>
> -Phil

SQL does 'anything' already, but that in and of itself need not make
having SQL essential.

Exim can already create/append to a file from either a munged and
directed 'logwrite', or a bespoke router/transport set crafted for the
purpose.

There is no hard limit on WHERE a 'mailstore' is located, its rights,
privs, or mode ... nor a great deal that cannot be altered in the format
of the 'message' to be placed there.

Neither of those need perl or shell from within Exim, just a bit of
thought and experimentation with what is already at-hand.

Worst-case, run an external as a cron job to find and extract from among
PANIC or other log entries, or what Exim 'believed' was an IMAP
structure. Run still another to do any preening/clean-up as need be.

Examples probably found most commonly in greylisting approaches and MLM
list maintenance as well as LBL handling.

I am no longer as current with Exim as I once was, but all I would ask
for is the addition of one or more <field config specified> log file
over and above MAIN, PANIC, REJECT...

And ISTR that has already been made possible?

Bill
--
韓家標