Re: [exim] Sending limit per day for Authenticated (LOGIN AU…

Góra strony
Autor: W B Hacker
Dla: exim users
Temat: Re: [exim] Sending limit per day for Authenticated (LOGIN AUTH) users
Lena@??? wrote:
>> From: M2C
>
>> Is there a way to limit outgoing emails for each authenticated user (LOGIN
>> AUTH) in exim?. For example, 100 mails per day for User1 and 200 mails per
>> day for User2.
>
> What is the goal of the limit - impeding outgoing spam?
> Simple ratelimits are better than nothing but constrain honest users
> while still allowing spam to trickle through,
> your relays still end up in blacklists.
> Each relay needs automatic detection and blocking of compromised accounts
> (stolen passwords). I implemented Andrew Hearn's idea
> to check not rate of messages or all recipients, but
> rate of attempts to send to nonexistent recipient email addresses.

*snip* (the details)

> Lena

Lena,

Thank you for that reminder.

When we get 'the basics' right, we unload our own servers and bandwidth,
improve our 'reputation', speed OUR flow of legitimate traffic.

AND help conserve resources for *all other* 'honest brokers'

AND conserve bandwidth for every OTHER use. Not just SMTP traffic.

Win-Win situation when done better than not...

Bill
--
韓家標