Re: [exim-dev] Exim 4.80 RC4 uploaded

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Exim 4.80 RC4 uploaded
On 2012-05-21 at 01:00 -0400, Phil Pennock wrote:
> There was no RC3; there are some changes since RC2 worthy of note.

RC3: I need to learn to do a "make spec.pdf" before laying down the tag.
The OptionLists.txt could ride until the following RC or the release if
this is the last RC.

A parse error in spec.xfpt broke the docs build, and because I'd pushed
the tags, deleting would have been "hard", so I just advanced to RC4.

> Exim will now check the configured value of "tls_require_ciphers" at
> startup;

This one is half-way between "new feature" and "needed to expose that
you really need to look at tls_required_ciphers if using GnuTLS"; I
exercised Release Coordinator's prerogative in deciding to shove it in.

It may cause breakage, but really at this point I think it only "breaks"
what was already broken. We paniclog on most main section options being
broken, no need to exclude this one.

-Phil