Re: [exim-dev] Exim 4.80 RC4 uploaded

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Marcin Mirosław
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Exim 4.80 RC4 uploaded
On 2012-05-22 at 16:16 +0200, Marcin Mirosław wrote:
> W dniu 21.05.2012 07:00, Phil Pennock pisze:
> > I have uploaded Exim 4.80 RC4 to:
> >         ftp://ftp.exim.org/pub/exim/exim4/test/

> Hi all!
> I've created clang static analysis[1][2] for this version of exim. I
> don't know how to generate diff beetwen two analysis, as for know diff
> has to be done using own eyes.

I don't know clang very well, but I've looked over
http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/annotations.html and not seen anything
helpful.

Do you know of a way to teach clang that certain flags in a particular
parameter mean that the function call will not return?

When log_write()'s flags parameter includes LOG_PANIC_DIE, the call does
not return. If the analyser knew this, then some of the analysis
complaints would go away.

We can restructure some of the code and introduce a different variant
which panics and has a noreturn attribute on it, but if we can avoid
doing so then that would be helpful.

-Phil