Re: [exim-dev] Exim 4.80 RC4 uploaded

Author: Marcin Mirosław
To: exim-dev
CC: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Exim 4.80 RC4 uploaded
W dniu 23.05.2012 06:22, Phil Pennock pisze:
> I don't know clang very well, but I've looked over
> http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/annotations.html and not seen anything
> helpful.
>
> Do you know of a way to teach clang that certain flags in a particular
> parameter mean that the function call will not return?
>
> When log_write()'s flags parameter includes LOG_PANIC_DIE, the call does
> not return. If the analyser knew this, then some of the analysis
> complaints would go away.
>
> We can restructure some of the code and introduce a different variant
> which panics and has a noreturn attribute on it, but if we can avoid
> doing so then that would be helpful.

I couldn't find information how to do it. Here is
http://clang.llvm.org/docs/UsersManual.html#analyzer_diagnositics
how to completly disable analyzer for a pice of code but it still needs
changes in code. And it isn't good solution neither.
Maybe it would be good to describe problem on clang-dev mailinglist?
Marcin