[exim-dev] Strange gnutls-params-* file format

Author: Janne Snabb
To: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] Strange gnutls-params-* file format
This is a very minor one :).

I looked at the gnutls-params-* files generated by Exim+GnuTLS and they
look a bit strange at the end:

# od -a gnutls-params-2048
0000000 - - - - - B E G I N sp D H sp P A
0000020 R A M E T E R S - - - - - nl M I
0000040 I B C A K C A Q E A 8 b h P z S
[..snip..]
0000600 k k Q 0 w I B B Q = = nl - - - -
0000620 - E N D sp D H sp P A R A M E T E
0000640 R S - - - - - nl nul nl

At the end there is a newline, nul and another newline. I would
guestimate that this is not intentional? The code in tls-gnu.c makes an
extra effort to add a newline after the nul. dhparam files generated
with OpenSSL end with just a single newline and no nul.

Maybe the code should be changed to strip the nul instead, and not add a
newline because it is already supplied? (Unless it is known that some
GnuTLS versions do not supply it?)

This probably does not cause any problems in real life, it just looks a
bit strange. GnuTLS and OpenSSL probably just ignore the nul byte when
reading.

--
Janne Snabb / EPIPE Communications
snabb@??? - http://epipe.com/