Re: [exim] SMTP command timeout on connection - how to troub…

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP command timeout on connection - how to troubleshoot
On Tue, 2012-02-21 at 09:42 +0100, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> From my POV your problem is not related to this unhappy end of the
> connection. (But I'd say it's unpolite behaviour of (by?) the other side…)

We saw this very recently after a site firewall upgrade. Almost
identical behaviour except the final "\n.\n" was never received so the
message was deferred. We logged a 421 command timeout.

The Cisco device was on our premises, not the remote, and removing the
erroneous "inspect SMTP" made it all go away.

Graeme